An informal event where you can show up with any boat and any skill level and show the judges what you have out on the Potomac's best wave of the day.
Date and Time
Saturday June 25, 1:00 pm
The location of the 2011 Wave Surfing Competition will be at O-Deck!!!
Competitors will get 2 45 second rides. There will be 2 judges: Each judge will independently record scores for each competitor. The combined score from both judges on the best of the 2 rides is the score. Scoring:
- 1 point for each second on the wave, starting when the competitor is on the wave and in control
- 2 points for air paddle banjo
- 3 points for complete rotation of paddle spin
- 3 points for paddle roll (rotation about long axis of shaft)
- 5 points for paddle pass around back
- 10 points for paddle pass under boat
- 5 points for paddle toss
- 7 points for high paddle toss
- 10 points for vertical pop-up (greater than 60 degrees from horizontal)
- 15 points for vertical ender (greater than 60 degrees from horizontal)
- 20 points for vertical pirouette (greater than 60 degrees from horizontal)
- 30 points for standing up in the boat. Must show control in the standing position
Additional score for original moves at judge’s discretion. For instance, juggling is good.
Each competitor must act as safety boat at the bottom of the rapid for the 2 competitors following them. At the end of the event there will be a surf-in, to see how many boats we can fit on the wave at once.
1st, 2nd, 3rd in each class. Special prize for the best ensemble of vintage old school gear