2008 Community Gorge Paddle Results
The 2008 Community Gorge Paddle was a great success, with several participants saying it was the best ever. After handing out the awards, we paddled through S-Turn, Rocky Island, and Wet Bottom as a group. In the flatwater below Wet Bottom we performed many "stupid human tricks" including standng up in our boats, lining up for a kayak boom run, fitting five people onto a Pirouette S, and holding a sunken boat race through Maryland Chute. Marka Peterson showed her versatility by winning several of these competitions. Below are the official results.
- Youngest: Dylan Evans (15)
- Oldest: Ken Jackson (55)
- Farthest Travelled: Rufus McGreary (England)
- Best Boater Tan: Bernhard Fritz-Krockow (check out those guns!)
- Most Creative Use of Duct Tape: John Spence (does all that come with Happy Feet?)
- Most Overprepared: Fern Abrams (looked like a crossing guard)
- Most Old School: Frank Perruccio (boat was made in 1986)
- Least Seaworthy: Frank Perruccio (see previous)
- Best Costume / Male: Rufus McGreary (English crusader)
- Best Costume / Female: Helene Scalliet (Crowd: "What are you dressed as?" Helene: "Awesome!")
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Community Gorge Paddle, as well as our sponsor Noze Bling. I look forward to seeing you all next year!